The Norton Internet security software is a complete computer protection program that is appropriate for personal as well as a business network. It protects all your connected devices and offers a variety of software programs that will help you to deal with virus attacks and malware invasions on your computing devices. With Norton Internet security you will get services such as antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing, privacy in data, identity theft control, data breaching, and other computer firewall services.
The Norton Internet Security services allow you to block the anonymous file sharing and other multimedia processing applications that can harm your device and data. If the applications for use are also blocked by Norton Internet Security device, you just need to open the respective ports that are used by these programs in Norton software, so that you can work properly. If you have any other query related to specific Norton software then visit norton.com/setup.
What are the steps to open port using Norton Internet Security?
- In the initial step, click twice on the Norton Internet Security icon from the desktop.
- After this, you just need to select the “Settings” option that is present on the control panel.
- Now, you have to click on the “Configure” option that is visible in the Smart Firewall menu tab.
- Click on the “Configure” option from the “Advanced Settings” followed by the “Add” option and then click on the “Allow” button after which you have to click on the “Next” option from the “Add Rule Wizard” section.
- Now, click and select the “Connections to and from other computers” option and after that click on the “Next” option. After this, click on the “Only the computers and sites listed below” after which you have to click on the “Add” button.
- After this, you have to click on the “Individually” option followed by the website’s name and then click on the “OK” and then “Next” buttons.
- Select the “Only communications that match all types and ports listed below” tab that is followed by the “Add” option.
- Now, click the “Individually specified ports” option and then enter the port numbers that are blocked by Norton Internet Security.
- Once you have entered the port number, you just need to select the “OK” and “Next” buttons.
- After this, you have to enter the name for the new firewall rule. After this, click on “Next” and then “Finish” menu buttons. Now, exit the Norton Internet Security software to complete the desired port.
- You can now easily open the port using Norton Internet Security.
Note: – For more details, you can visit www.norton.com/setup.
Hopefully, the steps have helped you to open the ports using Norton Internet Security software. If you still have confusion or unable to perform the procedure by following the steps then it is recommended to visit norton.com/setup that is the URL for reaching the Official Norton website. You can get in touch with the customer support team via helpline number that is available on the website itself.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup.